Interesting facts about cellphones:
1. Your smartphone has more computing power than the computers used in the Apollo 11.
2. Cell Phones can carry 18 times more bacteria than toilet handles.
3. In Japan, youngsters started using cellphones even in bathrooms. Hence, 90 percent of mobile phones in Japan are waterproof.
4. Americans recycle only 20% of E-waste, resulting in dumping of old phones that contain gold and silver of worth over 60 million USD each year.
5. In 1983 when they started selling cellphones the price was almost 4,000 USD per phone. You could buy a brand new compact car for that price in the 80s.
6. Children should always avoid using cellphones. Some of the effects of cell phone radiation include cancer, insomnia, confusion, headaches and loss of hearing. Putting phone on airplane mode will help reduce radiation.
7. Over 80% of the world’s population has a cellphone. That’s more people using Cell Phones than toothbrushes.
8. World’s costliest phone, IPhone 5 Black Diamond costs 15 million USD. It takes nine weeks to build it, using 135 grams of 24 carat gold along with 600 white diamonds.
9. On an average we unlock our smartphones 110 times each day.